The lemon law in North Carolina is pretty straightforward. There are easy guidelines to help you know whether you might have a lemon on your hands.
1) Did the problems start during the first 24 months or 24,000 miles of ownership?
- a. Has the vehicle been under repair at least three times for the same defect or condition?
- b. Has the vehicle been out of service for over 20 business days within a 12 month period on the warranty?
2) During the warranty period, but after the first 24 months or 24,000 miles, has the dealership been unable to fix a recurring problem despite being given at least 3 attempts?
3) During the warranty period, has the vehicle been out for repair attempts for an unreasonable period of time (20 or more days), but the problems have not been fixed?
If the answer to the above questions is yes, you may have a lemon. You paid good money for your vehicle, and you deserve to get what you paid for. There is no reason to deal with the stress and hassle. . Going it alone against manufacturers, dealers, and warranty providers can be frustrating, stressful, and sometimes counterproductive. Contact us today to see if our NC lemon law attorneys can assist you in getting a resolution to your car troubles.
There is no obligation. Our free consultation and case review will help you understand your situation, your rights and options. We may be able to assist you in achieving a favorable resolution with no risk to you. Contact us at 919-981-4475, or email us with your situation through our confidential inquiry form to get a review of your case.